Employment Type: Full time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Workplace type: Remote
The Business Analyst is a trusted technology and business advocate that supports our clients in their journey to building and optimizing their investment in Microsoft 365 platform. This role will provide insights and direction on best practices in leveraging various Microsoft 365 workloads, including SharePoint and Teams, Viva and Power Platform to Lantern clients.
This Business Analyst role is part of the Modern Workplace team and will work with multiple clients across different business verticals. You will support clients with their digital transformation by exploring new methodologies / technologies and working cross functionally with clients and Lantern resources to gather business requirements, define information architecture, facilitate workshops, educate on best practices and help clients to maximize their technology investments, as needed.
Success is defined through understanding our client business, navigating possibilities, producing quick wins and efficiency on deliverables, gaining client trust, and reflecting to refine your craft.
Help Lantern clients to realize their digital transformation ambitions through leading client-focused discovery workshops, with a specific focus on creating and delivering leading edge modern workplace solutions, including (but not limited to) Intranets, Business Applications, Compliance Solutions, Content Services and Collaboration Solutions.
- Work with clients to understand and document their requirements in language that can easily be used by our delivery team to create best in class solutions.
- Facilitate or lead information architecture design and planning workshops for our clients to understand current state and help them envisioning the future state.
- Create training materials and technical documents and provide end-user training for specific Microsoft 365 services.
- Assist in creating and presenting mock-ups, proof of concepts (POC) and solution designs to demonstrate capabilities of solutions to clients.
- 5+ years of business analysis experience, including leading workshops, requirements management, and elicitation in the technology industry.
- Demonstrated project experience implementing Microsoft 365 workloads specifically targeting SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, Power Platform and Viva.
- Experience in designing and planning large scale migrations to and from Microsoft 365.
- Demonstrated ability to speak about technical approaches, benefits and where appropriate, challenges in deploying and implementing Modern Workplace solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling formal presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline (Business, statistics, mathematics, etc.)
- Agile or business analysis related training or certification(s).
- Microsoft certifications (Microsoft Teams Administrator Associate, M365 Fundamentals).
- Experience implementing workflow automation solutions (i.e. Power Automate, SharePoint Designer, Nintex, Azure Automation).
Lantern is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org/
What We Do
We help you achieve sustainable competitive advantage with a unique combination of deep technology expertise, business acumen and industry experience. Our business solutions drive outcomes across your key strategic initiatives by applying our proven services that unlock the full power of the Microsoft platform.
Who We Are
Born in the Era of AI, Lantern enables clients to responsibly harness AI and unlock the full power of the Microsoft platform, so that they can innovate faster than ever, become a digital leader, and break away from the competition. Lantern’s Digital Studio Network spans North America, scaling up and down to meet client needs of any size. Teams at Lantern collaborate in immersive digital studios to channel inspiration, spark creativity, and transcend the ordinary.
Lantern is a dynamic and purpose-driven organization. We believe inspired teams spark creativity, engagement, and collaboration while driving innovation for clients and partners at high velocity. The Lantern team is comprised of unique individuals whose distinct perspectives and lives enrich our company, our work, and our community.