Senior Software Developer
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Workplace type: Remote
Lantern is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our team. In this role you will guide and implement the design, infrastructure and framework of systems, applications, and programs. You will be responsible for managing the entire software development life cycle from concept, design, to implementation. This role will be engaged in working with customers or departments on technical issues including software design and maintenance.
This role will be part of our team headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. We have a team presence across Canada and client engagements across North America. This position is remote (North America ONLY).
- Meet with technology managers to determine application and website requirements.
- Perform coding assignments and task prioritizations.
- Research, design, implement, and manage all aspects of software design and coding.
- Analyze business requirements and specifications to generate functional and technical requirements for development.
- Independently test and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Define and implement architectural framework and infrastructure provisioning.
- Write and implement efficient and scalable code independently.
- Take initiative in solving problems and fixing critical errors.
- Document, analysis, and testing in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Independently set up the development environment, including DevOps, CI and CD.
- Deploy functional web applications and programs.
- Work on several projects simultaneously.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Supports and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering;
- 8+ years ‘experience with software development;
- Extensive knowledge of the software development life cycle;
- Computer science fundamentals including algorithms, design patterns, and data structures;
- Knowledge of .NET languages C# and ASP.NET;
- Entity Framework or similar ORM;
- Familiar with Architectural Patterns and Software Designs;
- Microservices and RESTful APIs;
- Modern web responsive development experience using ReactJS, AngularJS, Vue.JS or similar.
Lantern is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify us at email@example.com/
What We Do
We help you achieve sustainable competitive advantage with a unique combination of deep technology expertise, business acumen and industry experience. Our business solutions drive outcomes across your key strategic initiatives by applying our proven services that unlock the full power of the Microsoft platform.
Who We Are
Born in the Era of AI, Lantern enables clients to responsibly harness AI and unlock the full power of the Microsoft platform, so that they can innovate faster than ever, become a digital leader, and break away from the competition. Lantern’s Digital Studio Network spans North America, scaling up and down to meet client needs of any size. Teams at Lantern collaborate in immersive digital studios to channel inspiration, spark creativity, and transcend the ordinary.
Lantern is a dynamic and purpose-driven organization. We believe inspired teams spark creativity, engagement, and collaboration while driving innovation for clients and partners at high velocity. The Lantern team is comprised of unique individuals whose distinct perspectives and lives enrich our company, our work, and our community.